Daddy's Arms

Daddy's Arms

12/25/10

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Merry Christmas!  There have been so many times this Christmas Season that it feels more like Thanksgiving than Christmas.  We celebrate the miracle of our Savior’s birth today and reflect upon the meaning and hope which exists for all of us who trust in Him.  I can’t imagine going through this life and the holidays without the hope of our Savior’s return and the relationship which sustains us through all the trials of this life.  We are so thankful for a wonderful Christmas with our family, even though one of us is still a long ways away. 

I just finished reading Joshua 7, where Joshua cries out to God for forsaking him and the Lord rebukes him for not trusting God and understanding his ways.  I can’t tell you how many times, during this adoption process, when I feel as if the Lord has had to tap me on the shoulder or pick me up and shake me and say “Trust me, this is all happening for a reason but it’s not for you to understand right now”.  I keep seeing puzzle pieces, but there’s not a complete picture for us to work from.  Each day, we are handed another piece and the Lord’s power and plan is revealed.  We are blessed to have so many of you supporting Jaline’s adoption through prayer and financial support.   We are so thankful for all of your prayers!  You may never understand how difficult it is to know your child is thousands of miles away and the only thing that we can do is pray. I say the only thing… But, I am constantly reminded that my power is so limited compared to our Lord’s and I believe He is calling us to a complete dependence upon him, knowing that we are incapable of protecting our child except through prayer. 

We are deeply touched to know that our friends and people who have learned of Jaline’s story have been lifting her up in prayer.  Thank you for investing in this precious child’s life!  Thank you for continuing to pray for Jaline (just to clarify-you pronounce her name like Zsa Zsa Gabor J  Jzahleen. ) We have also seen the Lord’s faithfulness as we stepped out in faith with all the expenses of Jaline’s adoption.  He has always stayed a step ahead of the many expenses.  We have been blessed by the answer to many prayers over the numerous expenses.    We are grateful that we met the requirement for the match that expired yesterday.  Thank you!

I will be in Haiti from December 27th-30th.  I travel to Miami tomorrow, and fly out to Port au Prince on the 27th.  I will be visiting Jaline’s new orphanage.  We are so excited for the new home she is staying in until the Lord brings her home to us.  I have visited numerous Haitian orphanages and Jaline’s new orphanage is absolutely fantastic compared to all the miserable places where over 300,000 Haitian orphans live every day.  We are so thankful that Jaline’s world is starting to change and we pray for so many others who live so desperately each day.  Jaline has been doing wonderfully since her move!  After a couple days of getting comfortable, she has been riding a tricycle, playing, smiling, and talking.  It has always amazed me how consistent nutrition and love transform her personality, when we have been able to pull her away from her old orphanage, even for a couple days.  I am taking numerous toys and books down to Jaline’s orphanage, which will be shared with the many children who will pass through the orphanage until they can be adopted.  I will also be meeting with our lawyer and be hand carrying some of Jaline’s adoption papers which have now been authenticated by the Haitian Consulate.

When will she come home?  We have no idea, but everyone tells us it will be at least a year.  Please pray that the Lord will open doors in a miraculous way and bring Jaline home much sooner!  Thanks and Merry Christmas!!  Our God Reigns!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated. I really love reading these updates. What a precious child and how wonderful that you are going back down there. Will be praying for you.

    ReplyDelete